Jan 23, 2013

I've Got Your Number - Sophie Kinsella



I’ve lost it. :( The only thing in the world I wasn’t supposed to lose. My engagement ring. It’s been in Magnus’s family for three generations. And now the very same day his parents are coming, I’ve lost it. The very same day! Do not hyperventilate, Poppy. Stay positive :) !!

Poppy Wyatt has never felt luckier. She is about to marry her ideal man, Magnus Tavish, but in one afternoon her “happily ever after” begins to fall apart. Not only has she lost her engagement ring in a hotel fire drill but in the panic that follows, her phone is stolen. As she paces shakily around the lobby, she spots an abandoned phone in a trash can. Finders keepers! Now she can leave a number for the hotel to contact her when they find her ring. Perfect!

Well, perfect except that the phone’s owner, businessman Sam Roxton, doesn’t agree. He wants his phone back and doesn’t appreciate Poppy reading his messages and wading into his personal life.

What ensues is a hilarious and unpredictable turn of events as Poppy and Sam increasingly upend each other’s lives through emails and text messages. As Poppy juggles wedding preparations, mysterious phone calls, and hiding her left hand from Magnus and his parents . . . she soon realizes that she is in for the biggest surprise of her life.


Read: e-book

Rate: 5/5

Goodreads: [link]
Download epub: [here

I love this book! I swear!!

Poppy menemukan ponsel di dalam tong sampah disaat dia sedang kehilangan ponselnya. Prinsip Poppy adalah 'Ponsel yang sudah dibuang, berarti milik publik. Dan sekarang ponsel itu menjadi miliknya.

Poor, Poppy... Di saat dia kehilangan cincin tunangannya, dia malah harus menjadi PA (personal assistance)  bagi Sam. Semua email yang masuk ke ponsel dari tong sampah itu, harus di forward ke email pribadi Sam. Dan dengan mengirim email itu Poppy jadi tahu bagaimana kehidupan pribadi Sam.

I love Sam so much. Sam adalah gambaran seorang pebisnis yang hebat karena kelihaian analisnya. Memang harus di akui sikap cueknya itu terkadang bikin sakit hati, tapi setidaknya dia tidak terlalu cuek pada Poppy.

Menurut saya Poppy adalah gambaran wanita yang berhati baik dan terlalu polos. Sangkin polosnya, Poppy sering salah paham terhadap sikap ketusnya Sam. Alhasil mereka sering adu mulut dan berakhir dengan ancaman Sam yang menginginkan ponselnya kembali.

Dengan ponsel itu di tangan Poppy, dia jadi terlibat dengan urusan bisnis Sam, bahkan dalam kasus tersulit Poppy bisa membantu pria itu. 

Magnus memanglah pria yang menakjubkan pada awalanya. Magnus pintar dan sangat romantis, sebulan mereka berhubungan, Magnus langsung melamar Poppy dengan cincin warisan keluarganya. It sweet.. really. Tapi tidak semua yang indah di awal akan indah di akhir juga, kan?

“Let me tell you why. As a clever man once said: A treasure such as this should not be left in the hands of Philistines. And Poppy is a treasure, though she doesn’t realize it.”

“Lover? I don’t know. I don’t know if she loves me. I don’t know if I love her. All I can say is, she’s the one I think about. All the time. She’s the voice I want to hear. She’s the face I hope to see."
 




No comments:

Post a Comment